Monday 8 October 2012

Mr and Miss "Picky"

java Adams
 Siting alone, ordering rounds of coffee as I watched couples walk in and out, exchanging pleasantries and laughter was how I spent my after business hours. Waiters at Steak n' Ale, Java, Dormans just to mention a few for my  chicken periperi menu order, accompanied by a blackcurrent soda with lots of ice. I wasn't a loner, I was WHOOPED. Yes love makes you do crazy things like giving out your rent so that she can do her hair. Hold on, did I do this??? Naaaaah I gat pride.


never settle for less...
I have been single for almost three years now, am picky when it comes to that specific form of commitment. Most of us are.  "Settle for Less" by Liquideep clearly outlines what personally, I or any other person would look for in a potential wife. P.S. I said wife not girlfriend because am looking way into the future. But, what if you don't get all this traits in one person or the person you spot is already taken. Will you downgrade your standards and tarnish a relationship for Emotional gain?




never blame social media for breakups....
So many people flirt on each others walls on Facebook, its not bad if you are actually single but if you have that 'someone', what do you think will run through their mind when they see this? No one is ever ok once attention they are used to is channeled somewhere else, no matter how much they testify its fine, its a bluff. Is there any objection to that point? o.O Never blame social media for breakups, its your lies that are the determinant but bless the great minds that came up with the android technology, I have this app that notifies me via text when my facebook and twitter account get more than 30hits from one person in span of 15mins. Its a definate stalker alert system but wierdly  almost half of my hits end up to be from family, noisy AF. Back to my point,
 if we are seeing each other and I keep getting this notifications from you, what are you telling me?

Mr. And Mrs. Picky, yes we tend to do a lot of 'investigation' because we experienced pain, you will always get hurt  no matter how cautious you want to be. Frequency and magnitude is what matters of the feeling that should cue you on whether or not to stay, this is my opinion and us they say, opinion is the cheapest thing, everyone has one. Belive it or not your spouse will be imperfect, and in this imperfection you will find the treasure in them...yes??? Let me lay it out to you, eg. you are a neat freakout, and he is a disastor when it comes to organistion, definately you will keep correcting his mistakes. It will drive you mad but he will love you for being their for his weakness and apperantly the fact that it drives you insane you will tend to have a soft spot for him. I belive a healthy relationship is when you argue like kids, love like you are on a daily honeymoon and trust with no doubts.
Buffet Park Hurlinghum
I spent my weekend at buffet park in hurlighum and I must say, the "mtura" is delicious and the people their are too friendly. The place is in the heart of a "posh" area but the setting invites a "kienyeji" feel when you drive in. Big names come to watch the bands play and enjoy an afternoon of soccer (shout outs to Manchester fans somebody say," 3-0"). Anyway, I sat on the high tables near the edge of the pub and I could see everyone and anyone walking in and out and yes me and my friends would comment on peoples dressing,f*** WEDGES, for sure "the Lord was in control" (a phrase Koko and Keke would use).  Big cars drove in and I noticed a conversation would stop between my lady pals as they would try to see who was driving. I still wonder if their was a moment of silence when I drove in. o.O

This was my confirmation,
looks + good vyb = you gerring it
a nice car + a pathetic personality = you seating alone
epic company + alcohol = best bonding ever
ego + arrogance = mid life crisis
...and the math goes on, call me picky but two of this are a +1 to me. So is it possible for us to stop looking and focus on our goals and believe that destiny will bring me a good wife/husband, NO??? I dont want to go all religious on you because of sensitivity but i have faith in the power of the tongue. So go out have fun, you see a fly girl or guy give them a chance, its never that serious until someone proposes and may all the players be taught a lesson. Remember if your heart doubts, trust your instincts and flee like a MOF. So until next post keep it bura.


dan obura,
bura creations ltd.
p.o. box 51306-00200
Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254725932277
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/buramag

3 comments: